Monday, January 11, 2010

Still On Vacation

Today is my first real day as a stay at home Momma.  The kids are not in school.  They are not going to school.  But, I could still be on vacation.  I don't think that it's sunk in yet.

For the kids, the change is immediate.  For starters, if this were a school day, they would have been woken up an hour and a half ago.  They would have already been brought to school and I would be racing for the bus. 

Instead, they are both still in bed.  They will wake up soon, I'm sure.  But who knows?  They can sleep as long as they want. 

Our plan today is to get a bit of studying done - Bailey and I will work on her workbooks and letter recognition.  We will also start reading a book that we will read on all week - Peter Pan, I think.  Of course, Bailey could change her mind about that!!!  Then, off to an art class at 10:00 AM.  Then lunch.  Then naps.

Day one...

OH - I'm not sure that this is significant, but on Friday, Kelly and I signed and had notarized our Maryland Domestic Partnership agreement.  If DC actually is able to keep gay marriage legal, we'll see if we decide to make an appearance in front of the justice of the peace.  We'll see. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first day home, and on having your DP notarized! Have a great first day. I wonder if the kids will keep sleeping in once they realize they get to spend the whole day, every day, with you. Mine are up by 6:30 :)

    ReplyDelete