Saturday, January 9, 2010

Curriculum

Go ahead - laugh at me.  I know you want to.  Yes, the title of this post is curriculum and yes, I am developing the curriculum that I will use to continue Bailey's education and get Connor's started.

See, I need a plan.  Always.  I don't just let things happen.  I like a plan.  So, I am going to make some plans about what we will learn and then keep track of our progress.  We are starting slowly - going over things she already knows. 

Of course, I don't really know what I'm doing.  This week, Bailey and I will study the letters A & B, numbers 1 & 2, and we will work on matching, mazes, colors, shapes, and finding opposites.  We are also starting a book that will go through the entire week.  My entire plan for her is no longer than a half hour each day.  It's high energy - exciting.  We will do it first thing in the morning, after breakfast, before we head out for our morning activities.  The afternoon will be free for long naps, relaxing and making dinner. 

I'm not sure where, or how, to start with Connor.  I will read to him, of course.  I will start letting him color and work with playdough.  I pretty much feel like I am going to aid in his exploration for now.  He's not really ready for any real instruction.  We're going to work on fine motor skills - things like rolling balls, coloring, pounding with hammers, and stacking.  Does that sound right?

So anyway.  Curriculum starts on Monday. 

Along with Art class on Monday morning.  Tuesday mornings are free - and will probably be filled with playdates or other random fun.  Wednesday is library day (a class for each, with a story, a song and a craft).  Thursday is KidFit - a rhythm and dance class that both will be able to participate in.  Friday mornings are reserved for grocery shopping.  Every second Thursday of the month, we will attend our MOMS club meetings with our buddies.  I will also start attending some of the events and playdates put on by the women in the organization. 

See.  I'm a planner.  I don't do "easy" well.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment