Thursday, January 21, 2010

For Me

Well, we all know that I am not the easiest person in the world...and eventually the "new" part of this will wear off and I will get bored. 

I have been brainstorming ideas for how I can deal with that. 

I think I have a pretty cool plan that allows me to chase a long-shot dream at the same time.

I have always wanted to write a book about sex.  Not a "how to" or anything like that - but my thoughts and impressions about sex and the world around us in relationship to various topics.  I think I'm pretty funny and I also think I have some good insights.  With that said, I also know that I need a research-based knowledge that I don't yet have.

In comes my good idea...I have a library card.  I have some free time in the morning.  I need to start reading.  I'll be doing research on some of the most important books to the field of human sexuality and sex therapy and then I'll start branching out to other topics.  When I start feeling like I have a grasp on the issues, I'll start writing. 

And even if I never start writing, I'll enjoy the reading...and feeling like I am "doing" something.

1 comment:

  1. Dude: I just bought a good book on polyamory, and may have resources for you as I keep on keepin' on in skoo... We'll have to talk about what your topics are, maybe I can supply some research suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete