Monday, January 4, 2010

My Heaven

I am wrapped up in the warmest blanket of sureness that I have ever felt.  I am comfortable, confident, excited, happy, and certain.  This is my last Monday as a working mother for a while and I have never been so certain that we have made the right decision for our family.

These are my people.  The center of my universe.  My purpose.  I know the job that I face will have it's challenges.  Probably big, huge ones that I can't even concieve of right now.  But I also know that I know how do to this work.  Loving them, caring for them, being the center of their worlds - that is the work of my life.  It's in my marrow, so deeply ingrained in every part of my body that it cannot be seperated from the very essence of who I am.

Only one other time have I ever been this certain.  The moment I launched myself into my love's arms and said "yes" to her marriage proposal.  I say it now to my children and to my wife all over again.

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  A million times yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment