Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our Beautiful Son

One year ago, today, you were in the nursery of Civista Hospital. Your Mommy was being sewn up in the OR and I was waiting, wondering how you both were.

In that moment, beautiful boy, I knew I loved you. Not just in the way that you would expect, but in that bone-crushing, soul-shattering way that you will not understand until your own children are born.

In this past year, you have taken up permanent residence in our hearts, our souls...in every breath of our lives. Oh, Connor, there are no words for the way that we love you. You are the sweetest, most loving child. Your love, your joy - they spill over, infecting all of us with smiles. Your pout, used frequently, is so cute it melts me every time.

I can see the drama in you, and I love it so much. You are into every thing. You are full of life, exporing every nook and crany and under every thing you can turn over.

Happy Birthday, Connor Buddy. From the deepest part of our hearts. We love you.

1 comment: